Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Glendora again...

Well... Transfers were this weekend and I'm still here in Glendora! At the end of this transfer I will be here for NINE months! It's pretty exciting!

I'll have to hurry and write this week because we are moving to a new place and we have lots to do.

Monday the 6th was a very good day! We had to do splits because I needed to go to the YSA FHE and we also had a lesson with Pam and Amanda. Then we had FHE with the Jacobson's. It was a good night. The YSA FHE was good. We did a farewell party for the old Bishopric and we just kept laughing the whole time they were telling stories. So I was glad I was able to go.

Tuesday the 7th we had a lesson with Anthony in the morning and we watched the hour long Restoration DVD. Then we talked about Joseph Smith and asked him to pray about Joseph. After his prayer, which was super awesome!, he looked right up to the pictures in the room of the temple and stared at it for a minute and then said "When can we go to the temple?" So we are planning on going tomorrow! We are excited! (As long as we can get someone to take us...) And his baptism is scheduled for June 2nd! Things are going good for him!
 
Sister Staker and Sister Wheatley on Mother's Day at church
Later that day we went and visited a less-active, Brother Paul, and found out that he was having some tests done for his heart the next day so we read in D&C 121:7-8. It was a good meeting with him. He said that if he came out of his testing and things were good, he'd come to church on Sunday. Sadly he wasn't feeling well Sunday so he didn't come :( But close! When we first started meeting with him, things weren't going so well but it is now so we are excited! Hopefully this next week he can come!


Talking to my family on Mother's Day from the Salisbury's home in Glendora
Wednesday the 8th we had a lesson with our investigator Rick. We went in thinking this would be the lesson where we would see if he really was interested in learning to be baptized or if he was just meeting with us to "bash." We didn't get much accomplished with that because he dominated the whole conversation. It was not good! We left feeling horrible! But Sister Staker wants to go back this Wednesday because she feels like he really is interested. But I don't feel good about it. So we're still praying and if she really wants to go back, we'll go on splits. I just don't feel like we should go back. We leave every time feeling down in the dumps. So we'll see.

Thursday the 9th we had an incredible zone council all about faith! It was something that we all needed. Everyone left that council feeling so uplifted!

Then we had a lesson with our investigator Deborah in the YSA ward about baptism. It went really well and after the lesson, before the prayer, Sister Staker invited Deborah to be baptized and she said yes! So we are planning her baptism for sometime in June (haven't set a date yet...)


The rest of my siblings and their "spice" (spouses) watching the video call
Well, to be honest, not much more happened during the week. Saturday the 11th was Sister Staker's birthday. She got a couple packages from friends and for breakfast all she had was candy... Then she got super sick the rest of the day. We went to dinner at the Benson's and she just did not feel well. She could barely eat anything. I felt so bad!

Then yesterday, Sunday the 12th, such a wonderful day! The Spirit was so strong all day! I had the opportunity to sing in the YSA ward with one of the members. We sang "I Stand All Amazed." I was nervous before hand but I said a prayer  and things were going well. But then when we got up there, all of a sudden I got something stuck in my throat and I totally messed up! I was totally embarrassed! It was sad. But oh well... It wasn't HORRIBLE!!! But it wasn't good. But it was fun.
Sister Benson and Sister Staker -- Birthday Buddies


Just being a little weird with cupcakes and frosting on Sister Staker's Birthday
 
Then the rest of the night we didn't do much haha We went to the Salisbury's and that's where we had dinner and then got to TANGO call home! I was so happy!!!! But that's about it haha 


Well, that's about all... This week is going to be another good week! Things are going wonderfully here! And to end this email... Just for Sister Carrell's father who is probably reading this... SISTER CARRELL IS BACK IN MY DISTRICT!!!!! I'm so happy if you couldn't tell :)


Well, it's time to go to our zone activity. Sorry again if this is not a good email. But it was a pretty mello but awesome!

Love you all so much!

Love, Sister Rachel Wheatley





The cake I made for Sister Staker on her birthday





Brother Salisbury from Glendora taking pictures of me while I am on the video call for Mother's Day
 

Pictures from the "Tango" (kind of like Skype) video call home for Mother's Day






I LOVE YOU!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment